Re: Pictures broken / re-sizing

@alex from

@isaacwilliams

a strange issue encountered. Described below with page URLS. Need some urgent support on this one.

1. Pictures - when clicked shows broken image: Community Health Academy: Log in to the site
    (Community Health Academy: Log in to the site)
    Community Health Academy: Log in to the site

Filename was raised as an issue for broken picture, but this picture with a similar file name as above opens:

1. Message “Don’t have an app installed to view this”. Reason: In Moodle, time variable being passed to this pic! Not too sure why in some cases a time variable hops on to that URL? Weird. I’ve since removed the variable, and the picture shows up:

2. Picture displays, but not the whole, just partly (these are examples) - attached pics to demonstrate:

3. Two pictures of the similar size on the same page; displaying differently. Reduced pic1 to 250 from 400 width (leaving height to default); to check if full pic is displayed (family planning counselling page):

If I can comment question 2- This has also happened to me before in moodle if i copy and paste directly from the word document/power point document to the moodle. This some times adds some extra query parameters at the end of the image url ( ?=…).
To solve this you have to re-upload the picture using the moodle image upload btn in the editor rather than just copy and paste it directly from the power points.

Hi,
I don’t have access to the CHA Moodle server, could you export a backup of the course(s) where these issues are happening so I can reproduce them? Or create a user for me in the server with editing permissions so I can see it there directly, what you find more appropiate.
Thanks!

Hi Hakim, just to say that these pictures were uploaded via the Editor.
But, great point. Noted.
Isaac

Ok, editing the image link and removing the extra parameters after the .png or .jpeg should then fix that.

Yes Hakim, you are right.

Hello @jjoseba, let me CLOSE this issue that I raised here. We did checks on other devices, and images came up as expected. It was my device I garner that is the issue.

Thank you for your support as always.
Isaac

1 Like